Oh, Neil deGrasse Tyson, why must you be so awesome?
When giving a speech on Intelligent Design, he had a segment about how stupidly designed the entire universe is. He went on to describe how stupidly designed humans are. He called the human reproductive system “an entertainment complex in the middle of a sewage system.” He also railed about the idiocy of using the same mouth to both breath, talk, and eat guaranteeing that a certain portion of the population will choke to death every year. No engineer worth a damn would ever have created the human.
The larger point of the speech is that every well known scientist in history has proclaimed Intelligent Design in their careers to describe what they can’t describe despite the fact that someone came along later to fill in the gaps. It’s even true today to a lesser extent. 85% of the top scientific minds in the world do not believe in god but what about the other 15%? If the scientific community can’t even convert that 15%, what can they possibly expect to establish inroads with the general population who have no idea how science actually works. The answer is you can’t.
You should watch the speech in its entirety. It’s well worth it.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASmQmYX-71Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player]